On Sunday night, Christian and hip-hop artist Lecrae Moore became the first MC to win the Grammy for Best Gospel Album. The man was detained on the red carpet and didn’t actually get to accept the award, but he did get to take home the hardware.
Lecrae is a friend of Resurgence, and a personal friend as well. He loves Jesus. He has an amazing wife and family. And he is a faithful missionary for Jesus in the hip-hop and music cultures.
God has blessed Lecrae with a lot of wisdom, experience, and humility at a young age, and we’ve benefitted greatly from his work here on Resurgence. Here are some of the highlights:
- 2012 interview with Lecrae and me
- 2008 interview with Lecrae and me
- Lecrae leading worship at Mars Hill Ballard
- “Why You Need to Know Your Culture,” by Lecrae
- Lecrae gave the talk “We Engage Culture for Jesus” at our Resurgence Conference last fall