The sometimes heated debate over education opportunities need not be. Pastor Mark answers a question from one of our readers named Joe, who asks about which schooling choice is best for his children.
Pastor Mark examines the history and influence of Christianity on education, looking at the influence of the Reformers and of early American pioneers and their educational choices.
Check out this week’s video, and send in your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Trinity Church Launches August 7th
The Trinity Church will publicly launch on Sunday, August 7 at two services, 9:00am and 10:45 am. In the meantime, we will be meeting for a Sunday Bible Study every week at our historic church home located just off Freeway 101, Exit #45 at 8620 East McDonald Drive in Scottsdale, Arizona. Once our Launch Team is ready, we will be adding a band, kids ministry, and other Sunday elements as we work toward our eventual public launch.. Join the Trinity Church Launch Team or learn more about how you can donate to The Trinity Church.
The Latest from Around the Blog
- What about the person who claims to be a Christian but never changes? – People tend to be religious in nature, which means they can justify themselves in one of three ways.
- 13 Simple Ways to Improve Your Family Vacation – Planning a summer getaway with the fam? Pastor Mark offers some simple advice.
- New Sermons in the “Luke” Series – Visit the sermon archive to hear the last sermons from the “Luke: Investigating the Man Who is God” series. You can also subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
- Follow Pastor Mark on Twitter – Get real-time updates from Pastor Mark on the latest content that’s released by following @PastorMark.
- Where is Pastor Mark Preaching Next? – Aside from preaching every Sunday at The Trinity Church launch Bible Study, Pastor Mark also participates in numerous events around the country. Check out the latest events schedule to find out more.
- What Does Pastor Mark Read? – Ever had a tough question, and wondered what book Pastor Mark would recommend to help? Check out the website for Pastor Mark’s recommended reading list, a topical assortment of hundreds of books that will help you in your walk with Jesus.
What’s Next for Mark Driscoll Ministries?
Many have asked about the vision for Mark Driscoll Ministries, and Pastor Mark shares about this vision in this week’s video. The Trinity Church will function like a lightbulb, illuminating the gospel locally to those in the Phoenix area. Mark Driscoll Ministries will be like a lighthouse, which will distribute Pastor Mark’s teaching broadly. Specially, MDM will provide practical Bible teaching that is easily accessible to the average person, and provide substantial resources to help pastors and leaders help teach others.
To those who have been giving gifts to support Mark Driscoll Ministries, thank you! Your gift allows us to give away free weekly teaching – including newsletters, daily devotionals, sermons, and eBooks – all to tell as many people as possible about Jesus.
If you’d like to make a gift, just click the link below to visit our Support page.
You asked, Pastor Mark answered.
Over the last several months, we’ve been answering the questions sent in from our readers of the Weekly Newsletter. These questions include:
- What’s the best Bible translation?
- Can Christian Be Possessed By Demons?
- Did Drew go to heaven when they died?
- Is anorexia a sin?
- Are there dinosaurs in the Bible? Is the earth old, or young?
- I‘m addicted to porn…what do I do?
- Are there aliens in the Bible?
- Is the God of Calvinism Cruel?
- Can a Christian Get a Tattoo?
- Would the husband be bound to a sexless marriage with no hope for children?
- Why didn’t Jesus upfront say that he is God?
- What happens to people who have never heard about Jesus?
- How can I encourage a friend who is a sexual assault victim?
- I’m a Christian. Is it OK to marry my non-Christian boyfriend?
- What should the Baptist son say to his Catholic family?