Like anyone who is old enough to remember September 11th, it is a day that is forever imprinted in our minds, although it was now fifteen years ago.
Pastor Mark shares about how the tragedy of terror and loss of September 11th leads us can lead us to hope as we examine the events of that day. Pastor Mark examines three specific themes: evil, death, and heroism. Each of these themes are true not only in the tragedy of September 11th, but ultimately in our rescue by God that’s told in the Gospel.
The Latest from Around the Blog
- Can Prayer Really Move a Mountain? – If you have breath, you’ve probably said a prayer that hasn’t been answered.
- Answers to Recent Questions About New Sermons – Find out the latest about the sermon schedule for The Trinity Church – including what’s happening now, what’s coming up soon, and what will be live-streamed.
- Did people in the Old Testament expect Jesus to come and die for their sin? – What does the Bible say about how people in the Old Testament viewed the coming Messiah?
- What does the Bible say about polygamy? – In the Old Testament, there are examples of polygamy, but should this exampled be embraced today?
- Is the Bible anti-Jewish? – What does the Bible, and specifically Matthew 23:35, have to say about the Jewish people?
- Sign Up for Daily Devotions – Did you know you can get Daily Devotions from Pastor Mark in your inbox? Sign up today. Here’s one example of why Bible teaching matters from one of our readers.
- Sign Up for the Leader’s List – Are you a Christian pastor or leader? Pastor Mark wants to join your team and be your research intern.
- You’re Invited to the Pastors School – If you’re a pastor, you’re invited to join me, Jimmy Evans, Robert Morris, Brady Boyd, and Jimmy Witcher in November.
Start the 1 John Bible Study Today!
At The Trinity Church in Scottsdale, Pastor Mark Driscoll recently taught a Bible study series to the core launch team entitled “1 John: The Father Heart of God.” Recorded in black and white as the church plant was in its infancy, this intimate 13-week Bible study is now available for free. You can sign up for the new series here.
Along with the teaching series, we’re releasing the resources below at markdriscoll.org to those who sign up for our special new “Leaders List”:
- 1 John Study Guide – As a companion guide to Pastor Mark’s sermon series, we’ve compiled a 22,000 word study guide with notes, study questions, and group materials.
- 1 John Research Brief – Many of the partners of Mark Driscoll Ministries are pastors and leaders in need of more in depth teaching resources. To that end, we’ve prepared a 240,000 word research brief through the book of 1 John.
Stay tuned and follow the Mark Driscoll Ministries newsletter to find out when more content will be released.