31 Oct Can a Christian Be Demon Possessed?
Mark Driscoll Ministries helps people learn the Bible, and helps leaders teach the Bible. This includes sermons, E-books, research briefs, and a host of other resources. To help with practical questions, Pastor Mark answers questions every week from readers who have sent their questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week’s question: Can a Christian be possessed by a demon?
From Ghostbusters to The Walking Dead, culture has been trying to answer the question of satan, demons, and the apocalypse for ages. How does the demonic realm interact with Christians and non-Christians?
The terminology is important, and Pastor Mark explores this question around these important terms:
- Can a Christian be owned by a demon?
- Can a Christian be dominated by a demon?
- Can a Christian be influenced by a demon?
To find out more, watch this week’s video, or check out Pastor Mark’s recommended reading on spiritual warfare. You can also send your questions in to email@example.com.
Donate to Support
Mark Driscoll Ministries helps people learn the Bible, and helps leaders teach the Bible. If you’re a regular follower of Mark Driscoll Ministries and have been blessed by the free content made available, we invite you to give a financial gift of any amount. Thanks to those who have given of their time, and prayers, to support. You can give online here.
New From Mark Driscoll Ministries
- A Zombie Bible Study at a Cemetery – Are zombies real? What does the Bible have to say about zombies?
- Should Christians Celebrate Halloween? – With much of Halloween’s background in witchcraft and the occult, how should Christians interact with a holiday that it widely celebrated in the United States?
- Does God Work Through Demons? – The “harmful spirit” that causes Saul such suffering and problems in 1 Samuel 16 is a tough thing to work out because we often don’t think of God as bringing harm. This is because we often associate harm with evil. As such, it’s not within our comprehension to think of a good God bringing harm.
- Watch Sermons from The Trinity Church Live – Join Pastor Mark at The Trinity Church live on Sundays at 9a and 10:45a (Mountain Time Zone).
- Sign Up for Daily Devotions – Did you know you can get Daily Devotions from Pastor Mark in your inbox? Sign up today.
- Sign Up for the Leader’s List – Are you a Christian pastor or leader? Pastor Mark wants to join your team and be your research intern.
- Get Weekly Sermons from 1 John – At The Trinity Church in Scottsdale, Pastor Mark Driscoll recently taught a Bible study series to the core launch team entitled “1 John: The Father Heart of God.” Recorded in black and white as the church plant was in its infancy, this intimate 13-week Bible study is now available for free. You can sign up for the new series here.
Check Out the Sermon Archive
Pastor Mark’s sermon archive is available online for free, with hundreds or sermons and a number of series. Check out the sermon archive to find these series:
- 1 Corinthians: Good News for Bad Christians
- Acts: Empowered for Jesus’ Mission
- Ecclesiastes: Meaningless Life?
- Ephesians: Who Do You Think You Are?
- Esther: God’s Perfect Work Through Imperfect People
- He Made Us Family
- James: Jesus’ Bold Little Brother
- Jesus Loves His Church
- Luke: Investigating the Man Who Is God
- Malachi: Living for a Legacy
- Philippians: The Rebel’s Guide to Joy
- Real Marriage
- Revelation: The Seven
- Ten Commandments: Set Free to Live Free
- Vintage Jesus: Timely Answers to Timeless Questions