23 Sep How do you get your life organized? (Proverbs)
How do you get your life organized? (Proverbs #7)
- No one would live in a home that was not architected, but we live whole lives in t
- Constitution and laws example
- Strengthfinders – strategist planning is a way of loving
- Summer road trip legal pad with Grace
Law #1 – The Law of Seasons
Proverbs 20:4 [NLT] Those too lazy to plow in the right season will have no food at the harvest.
Proverbs 6:6-8 [NLT] Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise! Though they have no prince or governor or ruler to make them work, they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter.
Life has seasons, and each year of life has sermons
- Same God created physical & spiritual world
- We have to work within the seasons
What Season of Life Are You In?
- Young Adult
- Adult Worker
- Empty nester
- Major life change happens with transition (Divorce, Widow, Death of parent or child, Relocation, Job change, Career change, Bankruptcy, Illness self or close family, Marriage)
- Maturity = mature for your life season (Luke 2:52; 1 Co 13:11)
What Are Your Annual Seasons?
- Before you work in your life, you have to work on your life
- CIRCLE DIAGRAM Drawn on the smart board TV
What is Your Weekly Season?
- I see days like buckets that fill up & I empty each week
Law #2 – The Law of Planning
Proverbs 12:20 Deceit is in the heart of those who devise evil, but those who plan peace have joy.
Proverbs 21:5 The plans of the diligent lead surely to plenty, but those of everyone who is hasty, surely to poverty
Proverbs 16:3 Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.
- Nehemiah – research plan, $ plan, construction plan, legal plan, PR plan, security plan, travel plan, business plan, ministry plan
- Pray (1,2,4,5,6,13) & Plan
What Are Your Planning Priorities?
Proverbs 1:7 [NIV] The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 3:9 [NKJV] Honor the Lord with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase…
- Someone or something picks your priorities (family, crisis, push people, pain?)
- A value is what you care about a priority is what you do.
- You have to say “no” so you can say “yes”.
- Know the difference between self-care and being selfish.
- Everyone & everything is important, just not equally important
- Healthy Christian
- Healthy Spouse
- Healthy Children & Grandchildren
- Healthy Worker
- Healthy Church Member
- Jealousy = in my place
Plan to Pivot
Proverbs 16:9 The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.
Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
- 2 Kinds of Leaders – Process & Pivot
- You need to be BOTH a process & pivot leader in your life
- Only process – directions into lake
- Only pivot – no blueprint for family life
- Both process & pivot – like football or road trip
Taking Your Next Step
John 5:36 [ESV] For the works that the Father has given me to accomplish, [are]the very works that I am doing…
Proverbs 14:15 [ESV] The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps.
- Complete the 4 Biblical Laws That Change Your Life homework
- Consider the difference between a view, voice, and vote.
- Your plan must be written down.
- Consider the downside and be realistic.
- Include fun and a margin for error.
- Accept the size of your plate and your spouse.
- Take something off your plate whenever something is put on.
- Use simple systems to keep everything in one place.