Are eating disorders a sin, or a disease? This week, Pastor Mark discusses the pressure from media and culture that causes concerns over body image that lead to anorexia. By exploring various frameworks for how to interpret Scripture, we can learn best how to counsel those in need. These frameworks include:
- Sin and Repentance
- Idolatry and Worship
- Condemnation and Forgiveness
- Oppression and Deliverance
- Lies and Truth
- Brokenness and Healing
- Defilement and Cleansing
- Folly and Wisdom
- Sickness and Wellness
This Week at MarkDriscoll.org
- Support MDM – Thanks for your partnership in financially supporting Mark Driscoll Ministries. Your gifts help to allow us to get out free weekly teaching, including newsletters, daily devotionals, sermons, and eBooks – all to tell as many people as possible about Jesus.
- “It Seems Unjust that God Would Have Christ Pay the Punishment for Another” – Travis, one of our readers, sent an email to Pastor Mark exploring this question. Check out Pastor Mark’s answer.
- Dinosaurs in the Bible – What’s the story on dinosaurs? The Bible doesn’t make any mention of dinosaurs, but neither does it mention snow cones and we clearly and gladly believe in them. How should Christians react to the topic of dinosaurs? Is the earth old and humanity young? Did dinosaurs and humans coexist? What are other alternative views?
- Pastor Mark’s Recommended Reading is Released – Ever had a tough question, and wondered what book Pastor Mark would recommend to help? Check out the website for Pastor Mark’s recommended reading list, a topical assortment of hundreds of books that will help you in your walk with Jesus.
You’ve heard it before…”Keep it short and simple.” Pastor Mark has been exploring simple ways to improve various arenas of life. Check out some of his recent posts:
- 7 Simple Ways to Redeem Your Commute
- 7 Simple Ways to Improve Family Dinners
- 6 Simple Ways to Improve Your Prayer Life
- 12 Simple Ways to Improve Your Marriage
- 8 Simple Ways to Take a Good Nap
The Trinity Church
Learn the latest news on what’s happening for Pastor Mark, along with news about launch timelines, ministries launching, and hundreds of volunteer hours that have been graciously given to help the church get started! Our plan is to publicly launch our new church in Scottsdale in the late Summer of 2016, around the same time that school starts. In the meantime, we will be meeting for a Sunday Bible Study every week at our historic church home located just off Freeway 101. Join the Trinity Church Launch Team or learn more about how you can donate to The Trinity Church.
You asked, Pastor Mark answered.
Over the last several months, we’ve been answering the questions sent in from our readers of the Weekly Newsletter. These questions include:
- Are there dinosaurs in the Bible? Is the earth old, or young?
- I‘m addicted to porn…what do I do?
- Are there aliens in the Bible?
- Is the God of Calvinism Cruel?
- Can a Christian Get a Tattoo?
- Would the husband be bound to a sexless marriage with no hope for children?
- Why didn’t Jesus upfront say that he is God?
- What happens to people who have never heard about Jesus?
- How can I encourage a friend who is a sexual assault victim?
- I’m a Christian. Is it OK to marry my non-Christian boyfriend?
- What should the Baptist son say to his Catholic family?