05 Feb Real Men: Daniel #4 Notes & Small Group Questions
To help you study the book of Daniel in a men’s group setting, each week we will post notes and small group questions from Real Men men’s ministry based on that week’s sermon on the markdriscoll.org blog.
6 Ways Real Men Connect Before They Correct: Daniel 4
Most of the book & ministry is a man @ work for a bad boss/company
- Roughly 30 years in Babylon, age 45-50
- King Nebuchadnezzar doom dream
Daniel interpreted (“Spirit of Elohim”
Plan A – Humility
- 1 year to humbly repent
Plan B – Humiliation
- Looking down in pride
- 7 years of craziness
Nebuchadnezzar – Plan B Humiliation
- Fake Jesus Principle
- God Warns and Waits Principle
- Repent Before You Go Crazy Principle
Connect Before You Correct
Daniel 4:19, 27 Then Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, was dismayed for a while, and his thoughts alarmed him. The king answered and said, “Belteshazzar, let not the dream or the interpretation alarm you.” Belteshazzar answered and said, “My lord, may the dream be for those who hate you and its interpretation for your enemies!…Therefore, O king, let my counsel be acceptable to you: break off your sins by practicing righteousness, and your iniquities by showing mercy to the oppressed, that there may perhaps be a lengthening of your prosperity.”
Most men err in 1 of 2 directions
- Not having the hard conversation
- Having the hard conversation with a hard heart
Daniel – Hard conversation w/a loving heart
- Serve before you Speak: Served faithfully for 30? years
- Forgive First: forgiven Nebuchadnezzar and Babylon
- Be the Mailman: Speaks what God says, nothing more or less
- Respect goes up, honor goes down
- Conquer fear of man with fear of God
- Love the lost
Discussion and Prayer
- Are you more likely to A). Not have the hard conversation? B). Have the hard conversation with a hard heart?
- Is there someone you need to have the Jesus talk with?
- Who would consider you a Nebuchadnezzar in their life? How can you be “showing mercy” to?
- How can we pray with/for you today?
- Do you need a Bible?