Why Real Men?
1 Corinthians 16:13-14 Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love.
- Heart for all men, starting with young men
- Children – under 30 mom majority no father,40% no father, majority live w/moms boyfriend
- Teen Males – 12-17 #1 consumer porn, marry @ 30
- Adolescent Males – 40% church, college, job, license (adolescence & millenials 18-34@ home)
Men – lie no difference between Christian and non-Christian marriages when it comes to such things as marital happiness, adultery, and divorce
- The lie discourages non-Christians from considering coming to the church for help
- The lie discourages Christians from faithfully practicing biblical faith
- Profess – Jesus said many will come to me and say, “Lord, Lord”
- Practice – James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
W. Bradford Wilcox – esteemed Sociologist UV, massive research
- Beliefs – 1. Bible God’s Word 2. people sinners 3. Jesus as Savior
- Behavior – 1. Church attendance 2. Bible reading 3. prayer
- Lowest rate divorce – both believers & agree
- Highest divorce rates – different religions
Bradford Wilcox Soft Patriarchs, New Men
“Conservative Protestant married men with children are consistently more active and expressive with their children …”
“…conservative Protestant family men are more likely…to do positive emotion work in their marriages and are more consistently engaged emotionally in their marriages…”
“…church attendance almost uniformly promotes higher levels of paternal involvement and expressiveness among conservative Protestant family men.”
“…wives…are more likely…to report happiness with the love and affection they receive from their husbands.”
“…religious attendance…is associated with more empathetic behavior on the part of married men with children…”
“…active conservative Protestant husbands are the group…least likely to commit domestic violence…”
“Family men who are integrated into the life of a religious institution-especially conservative Protestant men- spend more time socializing with their wives…”
“…conservative Protestant married men with children are consistently the most active and expressive fathers and the most emotionally engaged husbands…”
“Men who are regular churchgoers are more likely to spend time in youth-related activities, they hug and praise their children more often…and they yell at their children less than other fathers…”
Watch live as Pastor Mark shares the vision and future for the largest ministry at The Trinity Church, the newly rebranded “Real Men” men’s ministry.
Sign up for free Bible teaching from Pastor Mark!