11 Jul Should a Christian Play Video Games?
From Mario Brothers to Minecraft, generations have been immersed and often addicted to video games. But many would argue that video games are a sin. So, should a Christian play video games?
In this week’s newsletter, Pastor Mark addresses one of our reader’s questions, and dives deep into the topic of video games and the how Christians should engage with a culture. The Bible doesn’t speak directly to the issue, so how should Christians think about video games?
Check out the video, and send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At The Trinity Church in Scottsdale, Pastor Mark Driscoll recently taught a Bible study series to the core launch team entitled “1 John: The Father Heart of God.” Recorded in black and white as the church plant was in its infancy, this intimate 13-week Bible study will begin being made available for free on August 1. Along with the teaching series, we’ll be releasing several additional free resources on August 1 at markdriscoll.wpengine.com to those who sign up for our special new “Leaders List”:
- 1 John Study Guide – As a companion guide to Pastor Mark’s sermon series, we’ve compiled a 22,000 word study guide with notes, study questions, and group materials.
- 1 John Research Brief – Many of the partners of Mark Driscoll Ministries are pastors and leaders in need of more in depth teaching resources. To that end, we’ve prepared a 240,000 word research brief through the book of 1 John.
Stay tuned and follow the Mark Driscoll Ministries newsletter for the release of the Bible Study.
Join us on August 7th for the launch of The Trinity Church. We’ll have two services, 9:00am and 10:45 am, and sermons will also be live-streamed at MarkDriscoll.org. In the meantime, we will be meeting for a Sunday Bible Study every week at our historic church home located just off Freeway 101, Exit #45 at 8620 East McDonald Drive in Scottsdale, Arizona. Once our Launch Team is ready, we will be adding a band, kids ministry, and other Sunday elements as we work toward our eventual public launch.. Join the Trinity Church Launch Team or learn more about how you can donate to The Trinity Church.
The Latest from Around the Blog
- How Did Jesus Teach the Bible? – Jesus showed us his highest priority in his actions after rising from death three days after his bloody death on a cross.
- What Do the Scriptures Says About Sex Before Marriage? – Is sex outside of marriage acceptable? Where does the Bible specifically say that it is unacceptable?
- New Sermons in the “Luke” Series – Visit the sermon archive to hear the last sermons from the “Luke: Investigating the Man Who is God” series. You can also subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
- Follow Pastor Mark on Twitter – Get real-time updates from Pastor Mark on the latest content that’s released by following @PastorMark.
- Where is Pastor Mark Preaching Next? – Aside from preaching every Sunday at The Trinity Church launch Bible Study, Pastor Mark also participates in numerous events around the country. Check out the latest events schedule to find out more.
- What Does Pastor Mark Read? – Ever had a tough question, and wondered what book Pastor Mark would recommend to help? Check out the website for Pastor Mark’s recommended reading list, a topical assortment of hundreds of books that will help you in your walk with Jesus.
You’ve heard it before…”Keep it short and simple.” Pastor Mark has been exploring simple ways to improve various arenas of life. Check out some of his recent posts:
- 13 Simple Ways to Grow Spiritually
- 10 Simple Ways to Love Someone
- 6 Simple Ways to Become a Better Reader
- 13 Simple Ways to Improve Your Family Vacation
- 9 Simply Ways to Be a Better Friend
- 7 Simple Ways to Redeem Your Commute
- 7 Simple Ways to Improve Family Dinners
- 6 Simple Ways to Improve Your Prayer Life
- 12 Simple Ways to Improve Your Marriage
- 8 Simple Ways to Take a Good Nap
You asked, Pastor Mark answered.
Over the last several months, we’ve been answering the questions sent in from our readers of the Weekly Newsletter. These questions include:
- Freedom and Slavery in the Scriptures
- Which is best: Public, Private, or Home School?
- What’s the best Bible translation?
- Can Christian Be Possessed By Demons?
- Did Drew go to heaven when they died?
- Is anorexia a sin?
- Are there dinosaurs in the Bible? Is the earth old, or young?
- I‘m addicted to porn…what do I do?
- Are there aliens in the Bible?
- Is the God of Calvinism Cruel?
- Can a Christian Get a Tattoo?
- Would the husband be bound to a sexless marriage with no hope for children?
- Why didn’t Jesus upfront say that he is God?
- What happens to people who have never heard about Jesus?
- How can I encourage a friend who is a sexual assault victim?
- I’m a Christian. Is it OK to marry my non-Christian boyfriend?
- What should the Baptist son say to his Catholic family?