26 Sep Should Christian Singles Date?
Mark Driscoll Ministries helps people learn the Bible, and helps leaders teach the Bible – and the primary way is through giving away free resources to Christian leaders and believers. This weekly newsletter is to that end, answering practical questions from readers on important topics from the Bible.
This week’s question: The cultural norm for romantic relationships today, is “dating, relating, and fornicating.” But when we look historically, globally, and Biblically, this is far from the norm and is in fact often discouraged.
Should Christian singles date?
Should Christian singles court?
Should Christian singles have pre-arranged marriages?
Watch this week’s video, and check out Pastor Mark’s recommended reading on marriage and family for more information.
The Latest from Around the Blog
- Watch Sermons from The Trinity Church Live – Join Pastor Mark at The Trinity Church live on Sundays at 9a and 10:45a (Mountain Time Zone).
- Donate to Support – If you’re a regular follower of Mark Driscoll Ministries and have been blessed by the free content made available, we invite you to give a financial gift of any amount. Thanks to those who have given of their time, and prayers, to support.
- Does the Bible Teach that Jesus is the Only God? – “No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known.”
- What’s Your View of Baptism? – While baptism is a ‘closed handed’ in that all Christians should be baptized, other elements remain ‘open-handed’ like who should be baptized, and how they should be baptized.
- 7 Reasons Why Sports are Good for Kids – I don’t know how my Mom and Dad did it. I was the oldest of five kids. We all played sports.
- Sign Up for Daily Devotions – Did you know you can get Daily Devotions from Pastor Mark in your inbox? Sign up today.
- Sign Up for the Leader’s List – Are you a Christian pastor or leader? Pastor Mark wants to join your team and be your research intern.
Check Out the Sermon Archive
Pastor Mark’s sermon archive is available online for free, with hundreds or sermons and a number of series. Check out the sermon archive to find these series:
- 1 Corinthians: Good News for Bad Christians
- Acts: Empowered for Jesus’ Mission
- Ecclesiastes: Meaningless Life?
- Ephesians: Who Do You Think You Are?
- Esther: God’s Perfect Work Through Imperfect People
- He Made Us Family
- James: Jesus’ Bold Little Brother
- Jesus Loves His Church
- Luke: Investigating the Man Who Is God
- Malachi: Living for a Legacy
- Philippians: The Rebel’s Guide to Joy
- Real Marriage
- Revelation: The Seven
- Ten Commandments: Set Free to Live Free
- Vintage Jesus: Timely Answers to Timeless Questions
Start the 1 John Bible Study Today!
At The Trinity Church in Scottsdale, Pastor Mark Driscoll recently taught a Bible study series to the core launch team entitled “1 John: The Father Heart of God.” Recorded in black and white as the church plant was in its infancy, this intimate 13-week Bible study is now available for free. You can sign up for the new series here.
Along with the teaching series, we’re releasing the resources below at markdriscoll.wpengine.com to those who sign up for our special new “Leaders List”:
- 1 John Study Guide – As a companion guide to Pastor Mark’s sermon series, we’ve compiled a 22,000 word study guide with notes, study questions, and group materials.
- 1 John Research Brief – Many of the partners of Mark Driscoll Ministries are pastors and leaders in need of more in depth teaching resources. To that end, we’ve prepared a 240,000 word research brief through the book of 1 John.
Stay tuned and follow the Mark Driscoll Ministries newsletter to find out when more content will be released.