Should a Christian consume alcohol? Is a matter of conscience? A matter of principle? Or a clearly defined issue that should result in all Christians abstaining from alcohol?
This week, Pastor Mark address this question from one of our readers – Gary, from Tempe, AZ. Along with studying what the Bible has to say about the subject, learn more about the surprising history of alcohol, including the Reformers, the Puritans, and others throughout church history. Learn more about the three prominent categories of thought related to alcohol.
Starting Next Week…”1 John: The Father Heart of God”
At The Trinity Church in Scottsdale, Pastor Mark Driscoll recently taught a Bible study series to the core launch team entitled “1 John: The Father Heart of God.” Recorded in black and white as the church plant was in its infancy, this intimate 13-week Bible study will begin being made available for free on August 1. Along with the teaching series, we’ll be releasing several additional free resources on August 1 at markdriscoll.org to those who sign up for our special new “Leaders List”:
- 1 John Study Guide – As a companion guide to Pastor Mark’s sermon series, we’ve compiled a 22,000 word study guide with notes, study questions, and group materials.
- 1 John Research Brief – Many of the partners of Mark Driscoll Ministries are pastors and leaders in need of more in depth teaching resources. To that end, we’ve prepared a 240,000 word research brief through the book of 1 John.
Stay tuned and follow the Mark Driscoll Ministries newsletter for the release of the series.
The Trinity Church Launches August 7th
Join us on August 7th for the launch of The Trinity Church. We’ll have two services, 9:00am and 10:45 am, and sermons will also be live-streamed at MarkDriscoll.org. Pastor Mark will begin with the first series entitled “Jonah: A Fishy Tale About A Faithful God.”
In the meantime, we will be meeting for a Sunday Bible Study every week at our historic church home located just off Freeway 101, Exit #45 at 8620 East McDonald Drive in Scottsdale, Arizona. Once our Launch Team is ready, we will be adding a band, kids ministry, and other Sunday elements as we work toward our eventual public launch.. Join the Trinity Church Launch Team or learn more about how you can donate to The Trinity Church.
The Latest from Around the Blog
- You’re Invited to the Pastors School – If you’re a pastor, you’re invited to join me, Jimmy Evans, Robert Morris, Brady Boyd, and Jimmy Witcher in November.
- Should Christians Keep the Sabbath? – What does it mean to keep the Sabbath? Should Christians today keep the Sabbath? And if so, why?
- Should a Christian Play Video Games? – From Mario Brothers to Minecraft – and now Pokemon Go – generations have been immersed and often addicted to video games. But many would argue that video games are a sin. So, should a Christian play video games?
- New Sermons in the “Luke” Series – Visit the sermon archive to hear the last sermons from the “Luke: Investigating the Man Who is God” series. You can also subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.
- Follow Pastor Mark on Twitter – Get real-time updates from Pastor Mark on the latest content that’s released by following @PastorMark.
- Where is Pastor Mark Preaching Next? – Aside from preaching every Sunday at The Trinity Church launch Bible Study, Pastor Mark also participates in numerous events around the country. Check out the latest events schedule to find out more.
- What Does Pastor Mark Read? – Ever had a tough question, and wondered what book Pastor Mark would recommend to help? Check out the website for Pastor Mark’s recommended reading list, a topical assortment of hundreds of books that will help you in your walk with Jesus.
Check Out the Sermon Archive
- 1 Corinthians: Good News for Bad Christians
- Acts: Empowered for Jesus’ Mission
- Ecclesiastes: Meaningless Life?
- Ephesians: Who Do You Think You Are?
- Esther: God’s Perfect Work Through Imperfect People
- He Made Us Family
- James: Jesus’ Bold Little Brother
- Jesus Loves His Church
- Luke: Investigating the Man Who Is God
- Malachi: Living for a Legacy
- Philippians: The Rebel’s Guide to Joy
- Real Marriage
- Revelation: The Seven
- Ten Commandments: Set Free to Live Free
- Vintage Jesus: Timely Answers to Timeless Questions
You asked, Pastor Mark answered.
Over the last several months, we’ve been answering the questions sent in from our readers of the Weekly Newsletter. These questions include:
- Should Christians Keep the Sabbath?
- Should a Christian Play Video Games?
- Freedom and Slavery in the Scriptures
- Which is best: Public, Private, or Home School?
- What’s the best Bible translation?
- Can Christian Be Possessed By Demons?
- Did Drew go to heaven when they died?
- Is anorexia a sin?
- Are there dinosaurs in the Bible? Is the earth old, or young?
- I‘m addicted to porn…what do I do?
- Are there aliens in the Bible?
- Is the God of Calvinism Cruel?
- Can a Christian Get a Tattoo?
- Would the husband be bound to a sexless marriage with no hope for children?
- Why didn’t Jesus upfront say that he is God?
- What happens to people who have never heard about Jesus?
- How can I encourage a friend who is a sexual assault victim?
- I’m a Christian. Is it OK to marry my non-Christian boyfriend?
- What should the Baptist son say to his Catholic family?