09 Jul This Week: Updated Speaking Events and Summer Fun
Driscoll Family Update
On that theme of freedom, the Lord brought to mind these Scriptures as I was praying this week:
- So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. – John 8:36
- In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. -Psalm 118:5
- …know the truth, and the truth will set you free. – Jesus Christ
- It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. – Galatians 5:1
- The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed… – Jesus Christ
To prepare for our trip, this week I cleaned out my truck. So, if anyone needs any action figures, hair scrunchies, partially eaten candy, or an impressive assortment of snack chips, please just let me know as I unearthed an abundance of each.
Lastly, we are grateful for those of you who encourage us with prayers and emails.
Here are a few recent favorites:
From C S
“Hi Mark and family
Just a quick email to say thank you for leading me, as a husband and father, to Christ, thanks for revealing the truth of God’s word to me, and thanks for teaching my whole family biblical wisdom. The Lord has used you immensely, and will continue to do so, as He promises. You set an example for us to follow. We are so glad to have discovered you online through a friend (our minister), and have missed your online content. Great to have contact with you again, may God continue to bless you, your family, and the teaching that you deliver in His name.
‘Humble yourselves therefore, under the mighty hand of God, so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you’. 1 Peter 5:6-7.
“Hi Pastor Mark,
My name is Matt and I am 17 years old. I discovered your teachings in January of 2014 and I fell in love with your teaching style! I loved going through the James and Acts messages in my free time. I can’t thank you enough for impacting my life in such a profound way, as you are my favorite preacher! I also recently saw your interview with Brian Houston and I was greatly touched by it! It was very brave of you to answer tough questions and you are such a great model for a repentant heart. I really hope that you will get back into ministry soon, and I can’t wait for you to release your new content on your website!!
From Pam and Dan
“Hello Pastor Mark,
My husband and I have been getting together with another couple for the past 1 1/2 years and listening to your sermons each Sunday evening. We just finished Malachi. I loved how you stressed the importance of good fathers at the closing.
God has used you to make scripture come alive to us in a very understandable and “real” way. I know He will continue to do so.
You and your family are in my prayers daily. “
Updated Speaking Events
We have updated the upcoming events page this week. There you will find some of the upcoming dates and locations where you can see and hear from Pastor Mark.
Resources and Support
To be notified or to support Mark Driscoll Ministries please use the links below.
- Signup for notifications of new resources
- Support the ministry financially
- Read Pastor Mark’s recent e-book
- This week we will be adding additional parts of the series, “Luke: Investigating The Man Who Is God.”
Stay tuned for more great resources from Pastor Mark in the coming weeks.