03 Oct Top Three Dating Questions: Boundaries, Cohabitation, and Older Singles
Last week, Pastor Mark answered questions around dating, courting, and pre-arranged marriage.
A flood of questions was received this week, so we’re continuing on the topic of dating this week, answering the top-three questions received on the subject.
- Where is the “line” in dating? What is the boundary that should not be crossed with regard to physical relationship?
- What does the Bible say about cohabitation? Does God allow a dating couple in a romantic relationship to live together prior to marriage?
- How should older singles approach dating?
Watch this week’s video, and check out Pastor Mark’s recommended reading on marriage and family for more information.
Donate to Support
If you’re a regular follower of Mark Driscoll Ministries and have been blessed by the free content made available, we invite you to give a financial gift of any amount. Thanks to those who have given of their time, and prayers, to support. Visit the Support page for more information.
The Latest from Around the Blog
- Watch Sermons from The Trinity Church Live – Join Pastor Mark at The Trinity Church live on Sundays at 9a and 10:45a (Mountain Time Zone).
- Did Jesus Go to Hell After He Died? – There are nearly 180 different interpretations of 1 Peter 3:19 – one of the most difficult passages in the entire Bible.
- Does the Bible Teach that Jesus is the Only God? – “No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known.”
- What’s Your View of Baptism? – While baptism is a ‘closed handed’ in that all Christians should be baptized, other elements remain ‘open-handed’ like who should be baptized, and how they should be baptized.
- 7 Reasons Why Sports are Good for Kids – I don’t know how my Mom and Dad did it. I was the oldest of five kids. We all played sports.
- Sign Up for Daily Devotions – Did you know you can get Daily Devotions from Pastor Mark in your inbox? Sign up today.
- Sign Up for the Leader’s List – Are you a Christian pastor or leader? Pastor Mark wants to join your team and be your research intern.
Check Out the Sermon Archive
Pastor Mark’s sermon archive is available online for free, with hundreds or sermons and a number of series. Check out the sermon archive to find these series:
- 1 Corinthians: Good News for Bad Christians
- Acts: Empowered for Jesus’ Mission
- Ecclesiastes: Meaningless Life?
- Ephesians: Who Do You Think You Are?
- Esther: God’s Perfect Work Through Imperfect People
- He Made Us Family
- James: Jesus’ Bold Little Brother
- Jesus Loves His Church
- Luke: Investigating the Man Who Is God
- Malachi: Living for a Legacy
- Philippians: The Rebel’s Guide to Joy
- Real Marriage
- Revelation: The Seven
- Ten Commandments: Set Free to Live Free
- Vintage Jesus: Timely Answers to Timeless Questions
Start the 1 John Bible Study Today!
At The Trinity Church in Scottsdale, Pastor Mark Driscoll recently taught a Bible study series to the core launch team entitled “1 John: The Father Heart of God.” Recorded in black and white as the church plant was in its infancy, this intimate 13-week Bible study is now available for free. You can sign up for the new series here.
Along with the teaching series, we’re releasing the resources below at markdriscoll.wpengine.com to those who sign up for our special new “Leaders List”:
- 1 John Study Guide – As a companion guide to Pastor Mark’s sermon series, we’ve compiled a 22,000 word study guide with notes, study questions, and group materials.
- 1 John Research Brief – Many of the partners of Mark Driscoll Ministries are pastors and leaders in need of more in depth teaching resources. To that end, we’ve prepared a 240,000 word research brief through the book of 1 John.
Stay tuned and follow the Mark Driscoll Ministries newsletter to find out when more content will be released.