Each week, Pastor Mark addresses one of the questions sent in from the readers of the Mark Driscoll Ministries newsletter. Thanks to all who continue to send in their questions from all around the world – you can send in your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week’s question: What does the Bible say about polygamy? In the Old Testament, there are examples of polygamy, but should this be embraced today? Is it permissible and/or encouraged to have more than one spouse?
For more on the topic, watch the video above and visit Pastor Mark’s blog post “How Many People Should Go On the Honeymoon.”
Start the 1 John Bible Study Today!
At The Trinity Church in Scottsdale, Pastor Mark Driscoll recently taught a Bible study series to the core launch team entitled “1 John: The Father Heart of God.” Recorded in black and white as the church plant was in its infancy, this intimate 13-week Bible study is now available for free. You can sign up for the new series here.
Along with the teaching series, we’re releasing the resources below at markdriscoll.org to those who sign up for our special new “Leaders List”:
- 1 John Study Guide – As a companion guide to Pastor Mark’s sermon series, we’ve compiled a 22,000 word study guide with notes, study questions, and group materials.
- 1 John Research Brief – Many of the partners of Mark Driscoll Ministries are pastors and leaders in need of more in depth teaching resources. To that end, we’ve prepared a 240,000 word research brief through the book of 1 John.
Stay tuned and follow the Mark Driscoll Ministries newsletter to find out when more content will be released.
The Latest from Around the Blog
- Answers to Recent Questions About New Sermons – Find out the latest about the sermon schedule for The Trinity Church – including what’s happening now, what’s coming up soon, and what will be live-streamed.
- Is the Bible anti-Jewish? – What does the Bible, and specifically Matthew 23:35, have to say about the Jewish people?
- Pastor Mark Wants to Be Your Intern – Are you a Christian pastor or leader? Pastor Mark wants to join your team and be your research intern.
- You’re Invited to the Pastors School – If you’re a pastor, you’re invited to join me, Jimmy Evans, Robert Morris, Brady Boyd, and Jimmy Witcher in November.
- Should Christians Keep the Sabbath? – What does it mean to keep the Sabbath? Should Christians today keep the Sabbath? And if so, why?
- Should a Christian Play Video Games? – From Mario Brothers to Minecraft – and now Pokemon Go – generations have been immersed and often addicted to video games. But many would argue that video games are a sin. So, should a Christian play video games?
- Follow Pastor Mark on Twitter – Get real-time updates from Pastor Mark on the latest content that’s released by following @PastorMark.
- Where is Pastor Mark Preaching Next? – Aside from preaching every Sunday at The Trinity Church launch Bible Study, Pastor Mark also participates in numerous events around the country. Check out the latest events schedule to find out more.
- What Does Pastor Mark Read? – Ever had a tough question, and wondered what book Pastor Mark would recommend to help? Check out the website for Pastor Mark’s recommended reading list, a topical assortment of hundreds of books that will help you in your walk with Jesus.