This week’s question is from a reader named Robert in Kentucky. “Pastor Mark, what’s your view of baptism?”
While baptism is a ‘closed handed’ in that all Christians should be baptized, other elements remain ‘open-handed’ like who should be baptized, and how they should be baptized. In this week’s newsletter, Pastor Mark explores this topic and more.
Check Out the Sermon Archive
Pastor Mark’s sermon archive is available online for free, with hundreds or sermons and a number of series. Check out the sermon archive to find these series:
- 1 Corinthians: Good News for Bad Christians
- Acts: Empowered for Jesus’ Mission
- Ecclesiastes: Meaningless Life?
- Ephesians: Who Do You Think You Are?
- Esther: God’s Perfect Work Through Imperfect People
- He Made Us Family
- James: Jesus’ Bold Little Brother
- Jesus Loves His Church
- Luke: Investigating the Man Who Is God
- Malachi: Living for a Legacy
- Philippians: The Rebel’s Guide to Joy
- Real Marriage
- Revelation: The Seven
- Ten Commandments: Set Free to Live Free
- Vintage Jesus: Timely Answers to Timeless Questions
The Latest from Around the Blog
- 7 Reasons Why Sports are Good for Kids – I don’t know how my Mom and Dad did it. I was the oldest of five kids. We all played sports.
- September 11th and Our Longing for Jesus – Like anyone who is old enough to remember September 11th, it is a day that is forever imprinted in our minds, although it was now fifteen years ago.
- 7 Tips for Better Bible Study – The reality is that we all struggle at times to study faithfully or joyfully. So, it’s nice to have a few principles to help us refocus our love and study of Scripture. Below are seven principles that I’ve found beneficial.
- Answers to Recent Questions About New Sermons – Find out the latest about the sermon schedule for The Trinity Church – including what’s happening now, what’s coming up soon, and what will be live-streamed.
- Sign Up for Daily Devotions – Did you know you can get Daily Devotions from Pastor Mark in your inbox? Sign up today.
- Sign Up for the Leader’s List – Are you a Christian pastor or leader? Pastor Mark wants to join your team and be your research intern.
Start the 1 John Bible Study Today!
At The Trinity Church in Scottsdale, Pastor Mark Driscoll recently taught a Bible study series to the core launch team entitled “1 John: The Father Heart of God.” Recorded in black and white as the church plant was in its infancy, this intimate 13-week Bible study is now available for free. You can sign up for the new series here.
Along with the teaching series, we’re releasing the resources below at markdriscoll.org to those who sign up for our special new “Leaders List”:
- 1 John Study Guide – As a companion guide to Pastor Mark’s sermon series, we’ve compiled a 22,000 word study guide with notes, study questions, and group materials.
- 1 John Research Brief – Many of the partners of Mark Driscoll Ministries are pastors and leaders in need of more in depth teaching resources. To that end, we’ve prepared a 240,000 word research brief through the book of 1 John.
Stay tuned and follow the Mark Driscoll Ministries newsletter to find out when more content will be released.