More than we know, we’re blessed live in a day of numerous accessible and available Bible translations. Rather than being good gifts to enjoy, having a favorite version can often be a source of tension and arguments within churches.
This week, Pastor Mark shares an answer to the question “What’s your favorite Bible translation?” and provides some categories for how we should think about the plethora of options that are available. These categories include:
And…most importantly, no matter what the translation…read your Bible this week!
What’s Next for Mark Driscoll Ministries?
Many have asked about the vision for Mark Driscoll Ministries, and Pastor Mark shares about this vision in this week’s video. The Trinity Church will function like a lightbulb, illuminating the gospel locally to those in the Phoenix area. Mark Driscoll Ministries will be like a lighthouse, which will distribute Pastor Mark’s teaching broadly. Specially, MDM will provide practical Bible teaching that is easily accessible to the average person, and provide substantial resources to help pastors and leaders help teach others.
To those who have been giving gifts to support Mark Driscoll Ministries, thank you! Your gift allows us to give away free weekly teaching – including newsletters, daily devotionals, sermons, and eBooks – all to tell as many people as possible about Jesus.
If you’d like to make a gift, just click the link below to visit our Support page.
The Latest from Around the Blog
- 9 Simple Ways to Be a Better Friend – Pastor Mark offers some simple advice on how you can be a better friend.
- Can Christians Be Possessed by Demons? – Nearly every time Pastor Mark mentions Satan and demons in a sermon, someone walks up and asks, “Can Christians be possessed by demons?”
- New Sermons in the “Luke” Series – Visit the sermon archive to hear the last sermons from the “Luke: Investigating the Man Who is God” series.
- Follow Pastor Mark on Twitter – Get real-time updates from Pastor Mark on the latest content that’s released by following @PastorMark.
- Where is Pastor Mark Preaching Next? – Aside from preaching every Sunday at The Trinity Church launch Bible Study, Pastor Mark also participates in numerous events around the country. Check out the latest events schedule to find out more.
- What Does Pastor Mark Read? – Ever had a tough question, and wondered what book Pastor Mark would recommend to help? Check out the website for Pastor Mark’s recommended reading list, a topical assortment of hundreds of books that will help you in your walk with Jesus.
You’ve heard it before…”Keep it short and simple.” Pastor Mark has been exploring simple ways to improve various arenas of life. Check out some of his recent posts:
- 9 Simply Ways to Be a Better Friend
- 7 Simple Ways to Redeem Your Commute
- 7 Simple Ways to Improve Family Dinners
- 6 Simple Ways to Improve Your Prayer Life
- 12 Simple Ways to Improve Your Marriage
- 8 Simple Ways to Take a Good Nap
You asked, Pastor Mark answered.
Over the last several months, we’ve been answering the questions sent in from our readers of the Weekly Newsletter. These questions include:
- Can Christian Be Possessed By Demons?
- Did Drew go to heaven when they died?
- Is anorexia a sin?
- Are there dinosaurs in the Bible? Is the earth old, or young?
- I‘m addicted to porn…what do I do?
- Are there aliens in the Bible?
- Is the God of Calvinism Cruel?
- Can a Christian Get a Tattoo?
- Would the husband be bound to a sexless marriage with no hope for children?
- Why didn’t Jesus upfront say that he is God?
- What happens to people who have never heard about Jesus?
- How can I encourage a friend who is a sexual assault victim?
- I’m a Christian. Is it OK to marry my non-Christian boyfriend?
- What should the Baptist son say to his Catholic family?