10 Oct Why can we trust the Bible?
This week’s question is from a youth pastor who recently signed up for the Leader’s List and the 1 John Bible Study. As he was taking his students through the 1 John series, he was asked by his students: How can we trust that God’s word is true, and that it is truly God’s word?
The Bible is the best-selling book in the history of the world, but in today’s culture is widely questioned as to whether or not it is authoritative for our lives. Pastor Mark explores whether the Bible is a word about God, or a word from God.
To find out more, watch this week’s video, and check out Pastor Mark’s recommended reading on the reliability of the Scriptures. You can send your questions in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate to Support
If you’re a regular follower of Mark Driscoll Ministries and have been blessed by the free content made available, we invite you to give a financial gift of any amount. Thanks to those who have given of their time, and prayers, to support. You can give online here.
The Latest from Around the Blog
- Top Three Dating Questions: Boundaries, Cohabitation, and Older Singles – Pastor Mark answers the top three questions he’s received on the subject of dating.
- Did Jesus Promise to Return Already? – The idea of the Son of Man “coming” with his angels in the glory of his Father leads to 16:28, where Jesus says that “there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.” What exactly is Jesus referring to here? There are a few different views for us to take into consideration.
- Watch Sermons from The Trinity Church Live – Join Pastor Mark at The Trinity Church live on Sundays at 9a and 10:45a (Mountain Time Zone).
- Sign Up for Daily Devotions – Did you know you can get Daily Devotions from Pastor Mark in your inbox? Sign up today.
- Sign Up for the Leader’s List – Are you a Christian pastor or leader? Pastor Mark wants to join your team and be your research intern.
Check Out the Sermon Archive
Pastor Mark’s sermon archive is available online for free, with hundreds or sermons and a number of series. Check out the sermon archive to find these series:
- 1 Corinthians: Good News for Bad Christians
- Acts: Empowered for Jesus’ Mission
- Ecclesiastes: Meaningless Life?
- Ephesians: Who Do You Think You Are?
- Esther: God’s Perfect Work Through Imperfect People
- He Made Us Family
- James: Jesus’ Bold Little Brother
- Jesus Loves His Church
- Luke: Investigating the Man Who Is God
- Malachi: Living for a Legacy
- Philippians: The Rebel’s Guide to Joy
- Real Marriage
- Revelation: The Seven
- Ten Commandments: Set Free to Live Free
- Vintage Jesus: Timely Answers to Timeless Questions
Start the 1 John Bible Study Today!
At The Trinity Church in Scottsdale, Pastor Mark Driscoll recently taught a Bible study series to the core launch team entitled “1 John: The Father Heart of God.” Recorded in black and white as the church plant was in its infancy, this intimate 13-week Bible study is now available for free. You can sign up for the new series here.
Along with the teaching series, we’re releasing the resources below at markdriscoll.wpengine.com to those who sign up for our special new “Leaders List”:
- 1 John Study Guide – As a companion guide to Pastor Mark’s sermon series, we’ve compiled a 22,000 word study guide with notes, study questions, and group materials.
- 1 John Research Brief – Many of the partners of Mark Driscoll Ministries are pastors and leaders in need of more in depth teaching resources. To that end, we’ve prepared a 240,000 word research brief through the book of 1 John.
Stay tuned and follow the Mark Driscoll Ministries newsletter to find out when more content will be released.